The Department of Computer Applications at Noorul Islam Centre For Higher Education has been imparting instruction in computer applications with the most modern curriculum and syllabus to students of the post graduate course since 1994. It has succeeded in creating its own place of excellence among its counterparts in India. In fact, the department has been attracting bright students from all parts of the country for quality education in computer applications at the post graduate level. The department's endeavor is to play a vital role in the applications of computers by promoting innovative work in software engineering, human-computer interaction, intelligent systems etc. It is committed to provide an exciting academic program to prepare students for the greatest challenges of the 21st century.
Objectives : The broad objective of the department is to prepare graduate students for productive careers in software industry/academia by providing an outstanding environment for teaching and research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline. The program's thrust is on giving the students a thorough and sound background in theoretical and application-oriented courses relevant to the latest computer software development.
Goals of the Department
· Provides quality education in the field of Computer Science & Applications and make the students assets to the society.
· Provides student’s requirements and expectations through continued interaction with students and parents.
· Achieved 100% results in all subjects.
· Using Smart Room for effective handling of classes.
· Recruit and invite experts in various fields to provide best education in all subjects.
· Encourages the students to participate in National and International conferences , Seminars, Workshops and Symposiums.
· Motivates the students to utilize the library extensively to widen and update their knowledge in various fields of Computer Applications.
· Motivates the students to pursue higher education and specialize in research activities.
· Encourages students in participating extracurricular activities like sports, cultural activities and social activities.
The following lists of courses are offered in the department.
a) Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)- 3 years
[ Eligibilty : Pass in Higher Secondary Examinations ]
b) Master of Computer Applications (MCA) – 2 years [ Eligibility : Any degree with mathematics/Business Mathematics/Statistics at Bachelors Level or +2 level ]
c) Ph.D in Computer Applications.
•Full Fledged Computer Lab with Wi-Fi Facility. The Department provides an exclusive full-fledged laboratory equipped with 87 Computers. •Smart Class Room Facility •Department Library Department has its own Library with 1147 volumes of latest books and Journals to cater the needs.
The professional courses (BCA & MCA ) are designed to meet the growing requirement of qualified professionals not only in IT industry, but also in other industries as well.
After successful completion of BCA or MCA, the candidates will be able to get jobs in different industries like software engineering and development, hardware and networking, research and development, services and application support, etc… As far as software engineering and development is concerned, the candidate can get job as Trainee Programmer, software tester, software analyst, Software Engineer, software administrator or as a software programmer. The service and application support industry includes application management and system integration, maintenance of software application.